Field Service Engineer
McCann Systems is looking to expand our technical service team in the Northeast! Our offices in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York / New Jersey are currently accepting resumes for Field Service Engineer (FSE) positions. If you have interest, most or all these skills, we encourage you to apply!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair complex audio/video systems and devices.
- Loading firmware and control programs editing is a plus
- Perform service tasks with a focus on quality and timeliness
- Proactively update clients and coworkers with resolution, action plan, or next steps of the service task.
- Assisting clients and coworkers with technical questions
- Preform preventative maintenance visits and create documentation as needed. (preventative maintenance reports, site surveys, system design, etc.)
- Interface with AV component manufactures to assist with troubleshooting and facilitate repair/replacement process if required
- Assist other technicians as needed
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to use a wide variety tools and test equipment.
- Understanding how to setup/troubleshoot a wide variety hardware and software. (Hard and soft codecs, audio DSP, video processors, ect.)
- Ability to solder, crimp and terminate cables as needed
- Previous experience with audio, video and or network technologies.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Enjoy working in a close team atmosphere
- Strong commitment to serving all client needs and requests within deadlines.
- Punctuality is a must
- Patience and attention to detail
- Computer proficient.
- Communicate clearly and positively with employees, customers and colleagues.
- Ability to think and work independently
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Preferred)
- Trade school or College Diploma (Preferred)
- Industry experience (Preferred)
- CTS Certification (Preferred)
Physical demands of this position are but not limited to;
- Working from a lift or ladder
- Lifting up to 75 pounds
- Standing and walking for extended periods
- Working in less than ideal lighting and environmental conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The position requires the individual to follow any other reasonable directions and duties as requested by his or her supervisor.
- Competitive pay
- Progressive Career Path
- Role Specific training
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, 401K Match)
- Eligible for Overtime Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Vehicle Allowance
- Expense Reimbursement
About McCann Systems:
McCann Systems, founded in 1996, was established to design, integrate, and elevate innovative communications solutions for companies worldwide. From corporate collaboration to award-winning digital signage installations, McCann Systems’ environments can be found in every major industry and across three continents. In-house AVIXA CTS experts create a strong national footprint with global reach, spanning North America and into Europe and Asia. Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.