With their high visual quality, modular design, efficiency, and other advantages over other communications and marketing media, LED walls are gaining popularity in a variety of industries. Companies with custom videowalls can incorporate dynamic text and moving images to capture viewer interest and influence purchasing decisions. With experiential installations, messaging is always relevant and actionable the instant viewers absorb it, so creative companies can use LED walls to create shopping and interactive experiences that rival the user experience of online retail, gaming, learning, and other activities.
A custom videowall incorporates all aspects of LED technology. The LED – light-emitting diode – creates illumination by passing electricity through a negatively charged metal in a semiconductor order to excite it to a higher energy level. That energy is released in the form of electrons across a second, positively charged metal. As electrons fill holes in and neutralize positively charged atoms in the second metal, they emit photons. Reflectors concentrate and focus this electroluminescence to make the emitted light bright and intense.
Superior Visual Quality and Performance
For many companies, the question is not whether to incorporate videowalls into their messaging strategies, but which technology best suits their needs. While projection and LCD (liquid crystal display) may be right for some communications needs, LED combines several attributes that make it superior to indirect lighting options for most applications.
- Brightness – Probably the most striking difference LED viewers notice and appreciate, extreme brightness makes LED technology the only solution for ballparks, storefronts, showrooms, and other locations with high levels of ambient light.
- Image Quality – Custom videowalls designed with LED technology deliver rich, accurately colored, high-resolution images from a wide viewing angle. With the advent of smaller and smaller individual diodes, pixel pitch and resolution have become finer. LED walls can now deliver more interactive user experiences with video, animation, and high-contrast graphics.
- Color Fidelity – Customized LED videowalls solve many of the problems inherent in LCD and projection displays. With proper sensory, monitoring, and corrective controls, LED systems maintain uniform color and intensity throughout the display and across panels.
Applications and Solutions
LED walls images and videos jump off the screen to deliver crystal clear action, vibrant detail, and the “wow factor” viewers will remember. This technology is the state of the art for many venues and applications:
- Professional and college stadiums use large-format LED displays not only to project scores and statistics, but also game action and instant replays, marketing messages, and between-plays entertainment.
- Casinos use brightly colored videowalls as marquees that mimic the fast-paced gaming action inside while highlighting the gambling floor, showrooms, sports betting, and hotel accommodations inside. Once they have been enticed inside, guests are enthralled by large sportsbook LED walls that can display dozens of games at the same time.
- Television news stations employ high-definition videowalls to ensure flawless transitions between stories, produce and edit features, and mix live shots, b-roll, stills, graphics, and text into each broadcast.
- And, of course, businesses in all industries equip their lobbies and office spaces with videowalls as part of their creative, coordination, and presentation arrangement. LED walls serve a variety of purposes that help businesses communicate with visitors, market their wares, and manage the customers’ journeys.
Digital content grasps viewers’ imagination, incites purchases, and enhances the customer journey. McCann Systems has the skill and creativity to build a unique experiential installation to accomplish your communication goals. For more inspiration, take a look at our project gallery and contact McCann’s expert designers and engineers when you’re ready to transform communication, promotional, and educational messaging.