Organizations have long appreciated the notion of unifying their communications platforms. Allowing access to shared documents through various connected devices saves time, energy, money, and labor. As work becomes more global and access to information more instantaneous, collaboration with colleagues, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders takes on an even greater role in business success. This criticality comes at a time when ever more sophisticated audiovisual technology is being developed and harnessed for business applications. Companies that can successfully incorporate video conferencing solutions into a unified communications strategy are poised to dominate their industries.
Unified Communications Defined
Unified communications involves networking all real-time and asynchronous information-exchange platforms to ease connections, cooperation, and discussion among team members. By integrating instant messaging, email, and telephony with huddle room technology, video conferencing, and presentation tools, collaborators can work together seamlessly. With voice, data, graphics, and video working together across digital platforms, organizations can form project teams with participants wherever they are and whenever they are available. Team members can post a question, mark up a diagram, or join a video discussion regardless of whether they are located near a conference room facility.
Strength through Unity
Virtually any organization can reap the rewards unified communications solutions deliver.
- Productivity via Collaboration – Employees can present their ideals visually, through high-speed, high-definition conferencing. Companies save money and time by eliminating travel for sales meetings, while increasing teamwork through the ability to share documents digitally. Everyone can share their work throughout the process, making projects run more smoothly as everyone involved can access pertinent information.
- Global Teamwork – A graphic designer in Milan can coordinate with a copywriter in London through interactive displays and other presentation software. Video conferencing solutions may prove even more productive than face-to-face meetings, as they can occur organically rather than as prescheduled status updates.
- Coordinated Training – Unified communications solutions can transform enterprise-wide training. In addition to money saved on travel, facility rental, and time away from revenue-producing activities, webinars and other training outlets can quickly bring everyone up to speed on new software, product introductions, and business procedures.
- Any Device, Any Medium – Desktop, laptop, smartphone, or huddle room technology, with unified communications solutions, any device can coordinate all information. Unified communications conveys data via voice, data, graphics, or video. If an email requires an immediate response, a simple click can move the conversation to video conference. Need to review a spreadsheet? Another click transforms the interaction into a shared-screen environment.
AV Solutions and Technologies
Every organization will have different needs when it comes to incorporating video conferencing solutions into its unified communications plan. All, however, require an optimized network robust enough to handle real-time collaboration. To truly harness the power of conference room AV technology, you will want the ability to join in from any location using any device. Allow users to join the interaction from their desk, while meeting with clients, or from home. Include file-sharing, screen-sharing, and other presentation software.
Do not skimp on quality when choosing conference room AV equipment. HD video, high-fidelity sound and robust file-sharing equipment gear will foster sensory immersion which supports worker creativity and encourage the sharing of ideas.
A qualified corporate audiovisual solutions provider can recommend components that will make the most of your organization’s unified communications experience:
- Intuitive, easy-to-use and switch between platforms
- Clear video, audio quality, and minimal background noise
- Readability and visibility of graphics and presentations
- Easily upgradable and scalable
Unified Communications Solutions from McCann Systems
Technology and a millennial-heavy workforce combine to make today’s corporate climate more mobile than ever. Companies may have key employees who work remotely and others dispersed in offices around the world. Still, the need to work collaboratively is as keen as ever. McCann Systems understands the importance of building spaces conducive to creativity and idea exchange.
Starting with an in-depth consultation to evaluate your organization’s collaboration culture, we can design, engineer, and build state-of-the-art huddle spaces, conference facilities, and board rooms that fit your budget and vision.
Contact us to discover how McCann can create unified communications solutions that will keep your team sharing insights, suggesting improvements, and working together wherever they are and whenever inspiration strikes.